UNDER THE BLUE SKY, RIGHT NEXT TO YOU

Title:「青空の下、キミのとなり」
Artist: 嵐 (ARASHI)
Release date: 2015.05.13

 
I was going to do a single review on this, but I can't be bothered, so I'm going to do a song appreciation post on this instead. Arashi, being absolutely amazing as always, released Aozora no Shita, Kimi no Tonari as a single last week, and also as always, made a new record with Arashi's sales. Sob, so proud. And this song is so good I feel like it's worth a mention. Shout out to whoever made this song cause you're amazing!
 
Aozora no Shita, Kimi no Tonari, shorten as AoKimi, is the theme song to Aiba's drama, Yokoso, Wagaya e, "Welcome to my home" or something, which is a drama about a stalker stalking Aiba's family (in the drama). I haven't actually bothered to fully watch it, but I have seen snippets of it and it looked extremely boring. LOL. I don't want to be mean, but it's true. But I also can't judge it like that, so I will find time to fully watch it. Though that may probably be like ages after the drama is finished, haha. Also, you know I can't stand Arimura Kasumi, so I probably wouldn't be able to make it through the drama without strangling myself, but I'll try.
 
The song has both a dark side and a bright side to it, which makes it really good. And it suits the drama and all. So, it's a definite approve from me. Arashi always farts out perfect theme songs for dramas. Darn it, guys, why are you so perfect? When I first heard the short version of this song last month, I really did not like the chorus. And it was one of those songs where I like the verses but not the chorus. But now, after many more listens, I totally fell in love with the whole song, even the chorus, and just every bit of the song, from the beginning to the end, I love it. And the instrumental version (the karaoke version) is heaven. I mean, I listen to karaoke version of songs (if they have them), and it usually changes the song. Like, cause you're listening to the background music, and not anyone singing, and it really changes the whole feel of the song. So, when I listened to the karaoke version of AoKimi, I fell in love. I know, I'm a total weirdo.
 
But either way, the song is amazing. It has so much beat! My favourite has to be the "Oh oh oh oh oh..." bits that are absolutely full of goodness. And the second verse where each member gets to sing solo... totally killed me! Sho's gave me kyaaaaas. Nino's... you know what, Nino will always kill me with that voice, along with that face. Darn it, Nino, stop doing that to me! Ohno's voice is still as amazing as ever.
 
The PV is Arashi's first outdoor PV since forever since Everything in 2009, so that's refreshing. And I like how they are not dancing. I mean, some fans complain that they are not dancing in their PVs anymore, and then when Arashi does, the fans then complain that they always dance. Like, what? But to me, I prefer them not dancing and do something else creative instead, like this one. Of course, it all depends on the song, and how to make a PV that suits it. For this one, Arashi finally bothers to get off their lazy asses and films a PV that actually looked like there were serious thoughts put into it.

 
So I like to commend on that. But I heard Arashi's crazy fans were stalking them again, LMAO, going to wherever this PV was located and trashing the poor neighbourhood. Shame on you, crazy fans. You let Arashi down. This is why Arashi has been afraid of an outdoor PV for so long! Don't you get it? You guys affects their work!
 
But whatever. It's still a nice place. What's with the train and the house and everything. The LE cover of the single is them at the same location, wearing basically the same clothes, standing there looking cool as always. I was so happy when I first saw the cover. Solely because they were wearing normal clothes for the cover and PV for once in ages. I also like the night setting. Ha, I nearly fell asleep to it. Nice one, guys.
 
Each member look as cool and broody as ever. Ohno, who is my biased, looks so cute yet as handsome as ever, literally blossoming in the video, I want to hug him tight and take him home with me. Sho is still Sho, basically an ikemen, looking amazing in red. (Or is that orange? I might be colour blind) Seriously Sho... I can't. Aiba is still Aiba. Well, it's his drama theme song, give him some credit. Nino... is still Nino, basically kills me everytime he look at the camera. That smirk! 
Seriously, Nino, just marry me already! Jun looks different with that hair. Still handsome, though.
 
The lyrics is your usual deal with Arashi's music lyrics. Yeah, your typical meaningful J-Pop lyrics, that sometimes takes a while to understand. But it's all good, so it's fine. Ah, the peaceful fandom... not really.
 
Conclusion: 9 / 10 stars because of Arashi's absolute amazingness! And you could clearly see Arashi's level of maturity. But also because they actually bothered with the PV. That last scene, though... shivers. DO NOT LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT, GUYS! YOU WANT TO KILL ME? Also, there's a little bit of Ohmiya LOVE during the barbecue scene. Extra points from that!
Also the whole NAI NAI NAI thing in the lyrics are hilarious. Points from that too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'M AN ARASHI FANCLUB MEMBER!!!

Album Thoughts: ARASHI / Japonism

Album Thoughts: ARASHI / Are You Happy?