No one wants to mess with the AKB army!

Title:「僕たちは戦わない」
Artist: AKB48
Release date: 2015.05.20

I never really payed much notice of AKB48, but a lot of times they come across my path, and I can't help but give them some attention. AKB48 always seem like a giant group of bitches to me, and I know they have a lot of male fans, because I'm sure us girls don't really want to be fans of a bunch of good-looking bitches who are all prettier than us. However, some of their music are worth mentioning because to be honest, some of them are actually quite good. Like their new single, Bokutachi wa Tatakawanai, which translates to "We will not fight" or something like that, I don't know, but I really like the song so I feel like I should use some of my time to do a song appreciation post on this.

My favourite member of AKB48 is Watanabe Mayu. She's so pretty, definitely more beautiful than the others, and most of them are way too bitchy-looking to me, Mayu looks like a queen among them. And she's the only member who's worth my attention. I've also been watching her new drama about a bookstore, because I'm such a bookworm, and I'll do a drama thoughts post on it once I finish the drama.

Anyway, back to the song. I've heard this song a few times in the past few months, and it finally grew on me not long ago. Also, they performed this song on Music Station two weeks ago while Arashi were also on it. And Arashi and AKB48 together is like "look out J-Pop artists, because Japan's top groups are together", very dangerous. I personally think AKB48 is more powerful than Arashi, and if the girls step all over the five boys, the guys would end up in the ICU. Just look at that giant army!

What caught me the most about Bokutachi wa Tatakawanai is the music video. It is quite amusing actually, seeing the girls fighting like that.


I was going to put the full PV here but the damn video is too long, so just the short ver. But it's really worth watching the full PV so check it out. What I like the most is the tune and the beat. And I like how it's upbeat yet it sounds sad, I find that a genius making. I especially like the instrumental bits of the song, very orgasmic. The girl in the centre didn't really do it any justice, though, she looks like she's about to cry! Also she with the feather wings (you can't see it here) - I have no idea what's that about. But, damn, the girls look sexy!

In the end, the PV doesn't really make any sense. But then again, no one knows the real shit behind these bitches, so I'll leave it like that. But I also really like the choreography to this, don't know why, I usually don't make a big deal out of AKB choreos, but for this one I approve. The promotional cover is the girls looking cool, but all of the single covers are just WTF, I mean they just screencapped the PV!

To be honest, if you see a bunch of girls fighting like that, would you want to mess with them? Just like how Japan's artists doesn't want to mess with them. Their sales are crazy! They probably is cheating in their singles and albums. But whatever, they are what's making the J-music industry interesting right now, so I'm fine. I guess I'm still mad at them for taking the crown from Arashi. XD

When I see AKB48, they make me wonder what it would be like if I joined them. Not that I will. Not that I can! LOL. But it's just that it makes me wonder how the girls feel while they are at it. I bet they have very tight management, and also probably very competitive as well. They will be like, fighting over eachother's positions like bitches. I would probably go crazy if I have to go through that.

I know this post ended up more about what I think about AKB48, rather than their song, and I also ended up talking a lot of junk, but in the end, it's idol music, there really aren't that much to say about it. It's just that I've been currently obsessed with this song, and it make me obsessed with AKB48 as well, which is very weird to me, since I used to dislike them. But I guess it's different once you have a favourite member. It usual starts like that. Huh.

Anyway, Bokutachi wa Tatakawanai is definitely worth a listen, and please check it out if you haven't already, even if you're not a fan of the girls. But not that you really have to, LOL. But the rest of the single are all very good, very interesting. Probably why the damn single sold so much. Sigh. Men are hentais (perverts), it's the reason. And I'll end this with a picture of my favourite AKB bitch.

Let her beauty wrap you up! (Or is that just my envy coming out?)
 
Conclusion: 7.5 / 10 stars

P.S. Update on August 26th: So AKB's official YouTube finally decides to upload the full version of Bokutachi wa Tatakawanai in full glory. Enjoy.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'M AN ARASHI FANCLUB MEMBER!!!

Album Thoughts: ARASHI / Japonism

Album Thoughts: ARASHI / Are You Happy?