Kubota Masataka STILL creeps me out and Fujigaya Taisuke is STILL SO HOT

Title:「MARS~ただ, 君を愛してる~」
Release Date: 2016.06.18

I made a review not long ago here about the Japanese television drama. I have to say, the drama movie sequel was definitely a much better and satisfying watch. Not much have changed about the awkwardness of it, but it was a movie which gave me warm fuzzy feelings as Kis-My-Ft2's Gravity began playing when the credits started rolling. I was honestly so touched by this movie I'm actually impressed with it. Not that there's anything special about it, but the relationship between Rei and Kira just moved me. Kubota's role as Makio in this was just to be the really annoying asshole who always gets in the way of the two lovers. His character wasn't just annoying, though. He was a complete psycho. I thought I needed to go to a psychiatrist after I watched this. Because it was just so confusing, I think the message was expressed in the wrong way. I'm glad that the characters, Harumi and Tatsuya, had friendly roles in this movie, though. They helped a lot actually. If I were to just watch an hour and a half long movie about two lovers and a psycho I might go insane. Why, you may ask? Like, why the heck they put this guy here?! Is the writer trying to drive all the viewers crazy?! Just let them be!


Okay, let me just explain what the whole message is about. The three main characters, Kashino Rei, Kirishima Makio and Aso Kira, all has traumatic pasts. Rei's twin brother committed suicide; Makio was bullied; Kira was raped by her step-father. Because Makio was bullied to the point where he just thought the world is full of darkness, and contains only three types of people: the strong, the weak, and the weak who are pretentious. Which I think he kind of refers to Rei being the strong and Kira being the weak. So he looks up to Rei because he's the strong. Makio pushed Rei to become his violent side by urging Rei's brother to death. But then Kira showed up in Rei's life, and brought out Rei's yasashi side, which pissed Makio off, which led Makio to attempt to destroy their relationship by exposing Kira's traumatic past. Rei attempted to care for Kira's feelings which brought them back together, in return making Makio more resentful. Makio attempted to kill Kira once and for all, but was interrupted by Rei, and Rei even nearly killed him. But Kira interfered and said something very meaningful. She said if Rei kills Makio he would definitely regret it for life and suffer the guilt which she doesn't want to see. Rei then told Makio that he now has something he wants to protect and don't want to lose, and that is not weakness, it's strength. By then, I was already in tears because it was too emotional and I was so touched. It was at that point when I fully understood what this whole story was about. There were some scenes I was impressed with too. But overall it's a darn awkward movie to watch. On a less serious note, Taisuke made up a lot for it. His hotness just never cease to appease me. Also Kira has turned out to be not so distracting after all. I loved her hair down. It made her look more mature.

So basically, there is nothing much to the whole concept except Kirishima Makio has a crazy obsession with Kashino Rei. The reason why I said that I understood what meaning they were trying to convey but they expressed it in a poor way, was solely due to the inappropriate presentation of Kirishima Makio. I see what they were trying to make the character express, and not that it has to be necessarily realistic, but they did it in a way one would think that there are many ways this could have gone, and the turnout of this story is not one of them.

Anyway, I want to move on to say a little about Gravity, by Kis-My-Ft2. I first heard this song when I randomly came across with the music video.


At the time all I thought was that it looked kakkoii but the song was just futsu. I moved on. But then I became interested with the drama after I saw the promotional poster. I think it was Kubota Masataka who attracted me. It was when I started watching the drama that I realized Gravity was the theme song and that Fujigaya Taisuke was part of Kis-My-Ft2. That was how I got into Kisumai. Anyway, Gravity is still my fave from Kisumai, and every time I listen to it, it reminds me of MARS and the emotions that it brought me. I don't know why, even though the song is just a cliché upbeat song, when it was played in the drama, it gives out so much feels!

Anyway, enough of that. I'm going to end this getting-nonsense post by putting out MARS and Gravity eye-candy!

Drama Trailer

Movie Trailer

Conclusion: 8 / 10 stars. Taisuke is HOT HOT HOT!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'M AN ARASHI FANCLUB MEMBER!!!

Album Thoughts: ARASHI / Japonism

Album Thoughts: ARASHI / Are You Happy?