Kubota Masataka creeps me out and Fujigaya Taisuke is hot

Title:「MARS~ただ, 君を愛してる~」
Run time: 2016.01.24 - 03.27, Sundays

MARS is a drama that I happened to have watched because I was bored, and in need of some high school romance. I found it awkward that the two male leads were in their late 20's, but I guess that's fine since they made it look believable. At first I thought it was just some cliché love story between a girl and two guys. But then I realised that one of the guys likes the other guy, and not the girl, so that made it different. Fujigaya Taisuke is the reason why this drama is bearable to watch. Let's be honest, he's handsome. And his acting wasn't bad either. Though there was some slip bits that I noticed while watching. Kubota Masataka was just creepy throughout the whole drama. I mean I know he was supposed to be because of the role that he was playing, but I just thought, was that Light I'm watching again? That kind of acting is just unacceptable. There was some Nani kore moments throughout the drama, and by the time I finished it I was just like "what did I just watched?". But I can't blame it since the episodes were just 20-something-minutes long, and being based on a manga, we shouldn't expect much from it. Well, I haven't read the manga, not that I'm going to. So this review is solely based on my opinion.

Except Fujigaya Taisuke is good eye candy, I don't think there was much else to the drama. The female lead was fine at first, but then she started pissing me off towards the end because I was like, you know what, I just had enough of her being all innocent and shit. And who acts like that in real life? Like, wake up, being all introvert does not get you the hot popular dude at school.
I'm sorry, maybe I'm too used to watching something more realistic. Or was that jealousy I'm sensing inside?

Conclusion: 6.5 / 10 stars. Kubota Masataka wasn't helping anything for the drama here except just being the weird creepy dude. Also the drama storyline was just a snooze fest. Taisuke's hotness made up a lot for it, though. And I have to say the two theme songs (Gravity by Kis-My-Ft2 and Friends by Rebecca) really helped a lot too. I think the emotions expressed by this drama were all mainly depended on by these songs. Without them, this drama would've been a big puddle of WTF. Maybe I need to watch the movie too to make a final conclusion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'M AN ARASHI FANCLUB MEMBER!!!

Album Thoughts: ARASHI / Japonism

Album Thoughts: ARASHI / Are You Happy?