Arashi, can you gate-crash my wedding too??

Title:「愛を叫べ
Artist: 嵐 (ARASHI)
Release date: 2015.09.02

Well... once I found a groom of course. Lol.


So the long-awaited single is finally out and I must say, I'm very impressed with it. Ai wo Sakebe is the theme song of a Zexy CM (a wedding company) and Yumi ni Kakeru is the theme song for Japan Airlines (JAL) for "Fly to 2020" theme which was also designed by Ohno Satoshi. The single also contains three other tracks, Mr. Lonely, It's good to be bad, and I say. I will go into details later. Because I'm actually bothered with this single this time, so I will get onto the single reviewing for once.

So Ai wo Sakebe is a wedding song. And it's fun, happy, touching and full of Arashi rainbow goodness. It also has a fun choreography for us to learn! I love Arashi songs with a choreography that lets fans have fun with it too! They even included in the single a special dance video of the whole song, and I was so happy when I saw it because I was hoping they include one of those in the DVD. Yay! I'm probably half way through finishing learning the whole dance. Lol. Anyway, Ai wo Sakebe is just too good. Right from the first second to even the very last second is like a trip to your friend's wedding party. The song is mixed with a lot of Bittersweet, a bit of Love so sweet, Happiness, Wild at Heart and maybe throw in some GUTS! too. I don't know, but it's definitely a great step from ayu's The GIFT, which is also very obviously about wedding too. Not that ayu's wedding song was bad. But Arashi's is cute and cheerful yet still touching, whereas ayu's is more peaceful and beautiful. I don't know why I'm comparing. This is what happens when your two idols start doing similar things yet they have no connections with eachother. Anyway, the second verse was especially cute, but it has to be along with the dance to have that effect. That Juntoshi and Aimiya pairings is just too darn cute! And I love how in Arashi's songs, the bridge is usually just music. You know how songs are like verse one, chorus, verse two, chorus, and then there will be a bridge where is sang differently with a different sound, and then it's back to the chorus? Well, for Arashi's songs, they don't sing anything during the bridge, instead they put out a cute little music without any singing. So it's like, verse one, chorus, verse two, chorus, awesome instrumental music, chorus, and then they have this amazing closing tune that satisfies everyone. Is what I love about Arashi's music. And that's why Ai wo Sakebe is so satisfying. Of course not all of their songs are like that, but then again, that's what makes their music great. No one wants repeated stuff afterall.
In the music video, they dances to the song dressed in white suits and showing them rehearsing the choreo (which is just too cute). For the rest of the video, they showed footages of them gate-crashing a wedding. I don't know much about it but I heard it's because the PV director is the bridesgroom and that's why they had that connection with the wedding. I don't know, don't shoot me. But, damn, what a lucky bitch. Lol. But whatever, the boys look like angels in the video and that's what matters the most. XD I also watched the making of the PV, and wow, Aiba's younger brother is already married. Let that sink into your head for a moment.

 
(or this one if the above was removed:)

Rating: 9.9 / 10 stars, because of how emotionally, physically and mentally satisfying this song is. XD

Arashi actually recorded two different songs for two different CMs. One is for Zexy, the other is for JAL. And they decided to put them together in one single (clever marketing strategy). The JAL CM song is called Yume ni Kakeru (obviously it's in Japanese too but as always, I can't be bothered), and it's supposed to promote the Fly to 2020 theme that's also to promote Ohno's art exhibit FREESTYLE II, and that's why Ohno made the design for the plane. Because he's humble Ohno, he dragged along the rest of Arashi to be in the promotion too. The pictures on the plane is not as big as they did a few years ago when Arashi's faces were on it to promote their albums, but it is very satisfying in its own right. Also, it doesn't really matter that it's small because it's very colourful and cute. Everyone can see it clearly. And as always from Ohno's drawings, it's very inspiring and touching and creative. And I'm sure Ohno is touched too seeing his own art work up there on the plane, big and clear, flying over people's dreams...

Speaking of dreams, I just remembered I was supposed to be talking about the song, Yume ni Kakeru. Well, at first it sounded just like a typical Arashi song. But then with more listens it started to become a beautiful song standing on its own. It fits the theme of the JAL CM so much it's amazing. I don't know how they do it. Arashi's theme songs are always the best. Yume ni Kakeru reminds you of dreams, and happiness, and sora! And... airplanes! And... Flying! And... okay I'll shut up. And while we're on the topic about Ohno's art I want to say that I'm currently a happy happy happy and satisfied fangirl. Yesterday, not only did I receive my own copy of this single, I also went and watched Ansatsu Kyoshitsu that was recently released in Hong Kong cinemas! Can't wait to see the next movie in 2016 with Nino in it! But that's not even relevant in this topic. What I actually want to say is, because I went to watch this movie, I found something that actually satisfied my lonely fangirl heart. Yes. It's both of Ohno Satoshi's FREESTYLE and FREESTYLE II photobooks that was recently released! When I found them I was like, is it my lucky day today?? Anyway, I want to put a photo of proof here but as always, I can't be bothered. XD

Rating: 8.5 / 10 stars


The next track on this single is Mr. Lonely, and haha... this track...
This track got into my head, and it like to stick there all the time now. This song is so fun! I love the instrumental elements of this song, it's so cute!

Rating: 8 / 10 stars


I'm going to quickly skip to their next amazingness that is It's good to be bad, that I, before I heard this song, actually thought it's going to be like G.E.M.'s Good To Be Bad, which is a song I knew since it first came out in, like, five years ago. Don't worry, you won't know, it's Cantonese. So imagine my surprise when I finally heard their song. Totally out of my expectations! Lol. But I really like it. It's kind of dark somehow, yet dancable. I love the Ohmiya solo at the beginning. Ohmiya pairings in Arashi songs is always the best. Eargasm. But I actually was expecting it to be naughty and cheeky like G.E.M.'s! Hahahaha! Sorry, I had to laugh. I don't know how they ended up calling the song It's good to be bad when it actually sounds like that. What? I don't know, it's still good so it's fine.

Rating: 8 / 10 stars


Last amazingness of this single is a song that sounds like it should have been on their album, LOVE, called I say. Well, there's nothing much to say except that it's cute. But it's probably the most forgettable out of the five songs. Soz.

Ratings: 5 / 10 stars


This single is special because it's released on my promotion day. Yes, I got promoted at work on September 2. So count this as my promotion gift. Haha.

Conclusion: 8.5 / 10 stars. Extra points for releasing it on my promotion day!

P.S. I'm going to add a quote of something my 30-year-old brother just said to me that made my day. "Why don't you just marry one of Arashi and move to Japan?" Lol, what a little bitch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'M AN ARASHI FANCLUB MEMBER!!!

Album Thoughts: ARASHI / Japonism

Album Thoughts: ARASHI / Are You Happy?