ACGHK 2015 (27/07/2015)

The 17th Choice of Animation, Comics & Games Expo


Anime, Gundam, Kamen Rider, Ultra Man, Marvel, Avengers, Star Wars, Disney, Hello Kitty, Doreamon, Funassyi, Yo-Kai Watch, Vanguard, Yu-Gi-Oh, J-Pop, Assasination Classroom, Attack on Titan, One Piece, Cosplay, Playstation, Xbox, Window 10, Manga, Comic, Manga, Manga... and more Manga. On Monday, I had a day of a lifetime, seeing so much things I love. Life has been busy so it has taken me so long to write this post. I went with my sister, and there was this one main point why this day has been so great. Is the fact that nearly all the people who attended this festival were young adults like me, and... very nerdy. You know how I mentioned I rarely see people my age these days, and that they have seemed to have vanished from my world, and that all that's left is annoying children, bitchy adults and super dumb elderly people??? That's why seeing young adults like me are such a huge deal to me! Anyway... there was a lot of cosplaying going on, it was amazing. And the place was huge! The first section we went to was, of course, my number one obsession, Mobile Suit Gundam. (Sorry Arashi, you guys aren't acutally my number one afterall. Just kidding, guys!) Bandai was celebrating its Gunpla 35th anniversery, and basically they put out models of all the Gundam that was ever created, and also introducing the new Gundam series, Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans, something like that lol. My favourite Gundam series has to be Mobile Suit Gundam SEED and Destiny. Well, duh, they are obviously the best! So I was so happy when I saw anything SEED-related.
Mobile Gundam SEED must have been the very first anime I seen (or maybe not), but it started my love for anime and that's why it's so special. And the darn characters that I'm still in love with even after so many years. I've rewatched it, I think, for more than 20 times at least. Haha. And the same goes to SEED Destiny. I basically seen all the others. That's how obsessed I am. Which was why when Arashi started talking about Gundam on Arashi ni Shiyagare, I fangirled like mad. Shame they didn't say much about it, lol. But it was nice to see Arashi cosplaying Gundam uniforms. There was so much to see, even in just this one section. Speaking of cosplaying, I guess the main highlight of this event had to be the cosplaying. Inside this event, cosplaying is considered cool and you're awesome. Once you stepped outside, however, you're a weirdo. People stare at you like you're insane. But in here, people would want to take photos with you. I, of course, did not cosplay, neither did many people, but it's fine.The cosplaying is amazing, though. Do you make the oufits yourself? Is that how cosplaying works? But I don't get how people get their hair and other pieces. Oh wells. My cousin who lives in Canada cosplays and hers are pro! Don't know how she does it. Below is a random photo of a random cosplaying girl who was just there to let other people take photos of her. Lol. There was a lot of little shops, selling a lot of different manga-related stuff, and putting giant posters of anime outside that sometimes doesn't even relate to what they are actually selling, lol. So I was instantly attracted to this shop that has an entrance with Koro-sensei from Ansatsu Kyoshitsu around it. I don't even know why I like Koro-sensei. Oh, wait, Nino. Anyway, there were a lot of random stuff, like, the Avengers and Ant-Man. The Avengers models I've seen so many times, but I was happy to see Ant-Man. Loved the movie. There were also Star Wars, don't ask.
 
Just some shitty mobile photographs. So, basically spent the first half of the event looking around. I also bought this giant green soft toy which is basically my new hug toy, lol. I want to skip to the second half where I watched the Asia Cosplaying Carnival (or whatever it's called) and had my very first experience watching a real Japanese pop star sing live. For the Asia Carnival Festival, they had a lot of groups from different Asian country, including Hong Kong, come to Hong Kong and perform some amateurish dances that I most of the time couldn't see, because of the darn tall guys in front. Seriously, I was like, wow what nerdy dudes! For the J-Pop live, I watched ELISA. I know she's not that popular and big in Japan (well, duh, if she was big, she wouldn't have came) but I knew of her because she sings anime theme songs. And my favourite one has to be the one from Kakumeiki Valrave, Soba ni Iruyo. Great anime. Great theme songs. I recorded a video of her performance of this song but this stupid blog won't let me upload it because the file size is "too big", sigh. But she did perform about six songs and I'm going to end this post (that's supposed to be filled with a lot of stuff, but it's been nearly a week and all the fluffy magic has faded from my mind) with a lovely picture of of ELISA which my sister took with an actual camera:
I know.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'M AN ARASHI FANCLUB MEMBER!!!

Album Thoughts: ARASHI / Japonism

Album Thoughts: ARASHI / Are You Happy?