Sayonara Horikita Maki. But Hello Again, Ikuta Toma!

I've mentioned in my "How I turned from idoling ayu to Arashi" post that it was Mizobata Junpei who got me into Japanese dramas. Although I've seen a few before I found Junpei, it was him who actually started my J-drama craze. One of the very first dramas I saw was Hanazakari no Kimitachi e. Although Junpei only had a small supporting role in it, it led me into the three main stars of the drama, Horikita Maki, Ikuta Toma and Oguri Shun. Long story short, I fell in love with them and it just started spreading from there. I started watching all three's individual starring works, and Horikita Maki became the first Japanese actress I love. She remain very important to me to now. With the recent news about her retiring from the entertainment industry, it did brought me sadness, and my tears did well up in my eyes a bit. I will miss her dearly. The Japanese entertainment industry lost yet another great talent. But I also feel great for her, and I respect her decision. The industry is cruel and I understand that her family now comes first. In order to protect the ones you love, sacrifices had to be made, right? I hope she lives on happily and healthily surrounded by many family and friends, and hopefully do more great things later on in life like helping those who are in need. Hey, we never know where life takes us.

But seriously though, I never thought this would happen to Maki. A shotgun marriage and pregnancy all in the space of less than two years. It's just not something that I thought Maki would do.

But whatta you know!

Hey, soon Sakurai Sho is gonna announce his marriage! Which will probably lead Matsumoto Jun to finally announce his! Heck, even Ninomiya Kazunari will announce his marriage to that I-can't-remember-what's-her-name announcer!

Anyway enough of that. I'm just going to put a picture here of Horikita Maki-san in memory of the 14 years she's been for us. I'm sure other fans would put gifs and clips of her, so I'm not going to do that. And just because everyone can't get enough of Nobuta.


I personally think Maki look more mature with her long hair. Which is different to me, because I usually think short hair makes a girl look more mature. I don't know.

Anyway, thank you, Horikita-san, for your great works. You would be greatly missed and I wish you all the best for the future.

****************************************

Since I'm on the topic of Japanese dramas, I want to go on and talk a little bit about another gold of the Japanese entertainment world, Arashi's sixth member, Ikuta Toma!

Now, let me just say this. I knew of Ikuta Toma before I got into Arashi. And, that's huge. Lol. Since many fans probably known him through Arashi. But it was all a huge coincidence for me.

I think Toma has come a long way since his stage acting days, and now he's starring in amazing movies. I'm just so proud of him. Lately, I catched up with his recent movies, such as Brain Man and Prophecy. Both were amazingly intense movies, with great cast and storyline. So check them out if you haven't. But only if you're into crime thrillers otherwise they will creep the hell out of you.

Toma is going to be in a new movie called Sensei!. I saw the trailer. And I don't mind about the cliché story! I would still check it out! TOMA IS SO HANDSOME! And I LOVE Hirose Suzu. I just love her.

Just watch this, OMG.


Matsumoto Jun, you have a rival here, lol.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'M AN ARASHI FANCLUB MEMBER!!!

Album Thoughts: ARASHI / Japonism

Album Thoughts: ARASHI / Are You Happy?